The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can I translate those files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ehost, Aug 9, 2003.

1. ehost

ehost Member

I am tring to translate x WHM skin to&nb
    sp;my own language but it seems that "command
    " is the only file I can translate insid
    e /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/mythemename

for example, when I go to Account Function-> Create New account , where can I translate this file?

please help

thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. jdan6@2003

jdan6@2003 Active Member

Is there the Chinese version available? Where can we find other language versions for WHM/Cpanel?

3. MySundown

MySundown Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is a way to translate WHM. It's not meant to be customized as heavily as cPanel.

There's no public language files for cPanel available. You could try purchasing some from cpanelthemes or edit the language file on your own. You could also try to find other hosts that speak that language, and see if they'll share their language files.

4. jdan6@2003

jdan6@2003 Active Member

I think Cpanel team should inverst on this. This is not a big job to translate. You only need to translate those frontend interface such as links, messages, e.g. "Create a new account", "Edit DNS", etc.

This is extremely easy to do, but very very important to extend Cpanel customer base in other parts of the world.

I can do one translation for them if Cpanel team provides me free licenses to use on my servers. Do Cpanel developers read this forum anyway?

#4 jdan6@2003, Aug 9, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2003
  5. MySundown

MySundown Well-Known Member

Actually, it's not that easy. WHM is an extension of the OS, made to be viewable in a browser. Customizing languages would require actually modifying the OS in parts.

They don't do translations. Users are to do that on their own. cPanel's job is to write the software, not to distrubute it's addons. They don't give free licenses, and they do read (and reply) to the forum.

6. jdan6@2003

jdan6@2003 Active Member

I think nothing should be excluded for consideration if it is good for their business. I do not see how difficult it is. There are only a few key places such as those main links need translation. Not all displays need to translate.