• Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_TIMED_OUT

Thunderchild

Jan 28, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Right well you know this thing where I bought a system that was supposed to just work? well no that would be too easy. So, cPanel documentation tells me to go to a certain IP:port and it does not work, I am told that I need to install a third party software to make cPanel do what cPanel says it will do and now I have this firewall I have no clue what to do with it as being linux freeware it just talks in riddles with the usual bible style documentation. I am running a stock cPanel installation, surely this should just work????

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hi @Thunderchild,

The issue you are facing typically relates to a firewall setting on the computer making the connection to the server. For instance, can you connect to port 2096 for webmail (it's the webmail port with SSL)?

As far as the firewall configuration, the default CSF configuration automatically opens the ports required for cPanel services (e.g. Webmail), so it's often suggested for administrators that prefer a user interface to manage their firewall as opposed to doing so via the command line.

Thank you.