The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where in WHM can I see total bandwidth AVAILABLE? (not used)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, as the title says, I need to know how much total bandwidth is available (allocated) for usage. Not how much bandwidth has been used so far.

I remember on earlier versions of cPanel, this information could be found on the bottom of the "Create new account" page. Now it's gone, and in the "View bandwidth usage" page, there is just total bandwidth usage. I still don't know how much total monthly bandwidth my hosting provider has allowed me to use. Is there any way to find out this info?

Thanks in advance.

2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Do you have root access to WHM or just have reseller account with your host ? You would see column "Limit" in View Bandwidth Usage. It is the bandwidth limit assigned per domain.

3. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your reply.

I have a VPS and root access (I have now updated my profile to show this). What you are saying is bandwidth limit per domain, but I am interested in total bandwidth limit, for all domains, that is, for my whole VPS container.

4. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The answer to your question "Where in WHM can I see total bandwidth AVAILABLE?" is "Nowhere".

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel would have no way to know for root user how much total bandwidth your provider has allowed at the network level, since that information isn't something configured in cPanel or WHM itself. You'll need to ask your provider how you might determine the total bandwidth you are allowed for the server.

Now, a reseller user could have a total bandwidth limit listed in WHM > Create a New Account area, but that is because the root user configured the bandwidth limit in WHM for that reseller user.

6. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your detailed reply. I completely understand, so I will ask my provider how much BW do I have. Thanks again!