SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

On cPanel server account data stored in /home/USERNAME/

If your username is abc123 then you can find your web files in /home/abc123/public_html

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
so for each hosting domain in cPanel there is a differ username
For each account there must be a username. A single user can have many domains though, depending on the Package limits that user's cPanel account has.

When you Create an Account (you need to Create Packages, first, Create Accounts second), you'll use a domain name during Create Account, and you'll need to give the account a username.

Leon savvides

Sep 2, 2016
Polis
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
For each account there must be a username. A single user can have many domains though, depending on the Package limits that user's cPanel account has.

When you Create an Account (you need to Create Packages, first, Create Accounts second), you'll use a domain name during Create Account, and you'll need to give the account a username.
ONLY account (domain) created ... I do Not create Package... what that means?

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
When you Create an Account, you need to give that account, a Package. You cannot Create an Account, without a Package. Packages contain the limits for the accounts number of email accounts, databases, addon and sub.domains etc. You really should read up on this in the documentation to get yourself going in the right direction:
Create a New Account - Package - Version 56 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

GL!

Leon savvides

Sep 2, 2016
Polis
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When you Create an Account, you need to give that account, a Package. You cannot Create an Account, without a Package. Packages contain the limits for the accounts number of email accounts, databases, addon and sub.domains etc. You really should read up on this in the documentation to get yourself going in the right direction:
Create a New Account - Package - Version 56 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

GL!
If I have 10 domains without package assigned,... mean all domains have the limits of VPS added together?
also after create domain can assign package????

Eric

Nov 25, 2007
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Howdy,

Packages are optional. I make accounts using API's and scripts all the time w/o a package. They just get the options I pick at the time. It doesn't mean they get full dominion over the server, so don't worry! They just get what options you've selected or the defaults on the server.

Thanks!

Reactions: Infopro