uk01

Dec 31, 2009
Dear Cpanel,

On the new WHM interface what the hell have you done?

1 - We can't roll back, bloody hell!! Why not a choice of theme????

2 - I often go to process manager / adjust php settings and watch the load figures, they are now in a stupid pop up so I can't
(The only good thing is the loads are live on the home page, why not put these in the top right? - does your designer use this himself?)

3 - I often click the link on the load figures to go to processes, now I can't

4 - Thin fonts (descriptions etc on the home page).... have a look at them on a NORMAL display. I'm on a QHD and they look crap. I should think with the fees we pay your designers have 4K displays, well we don't! For goodness sake don't change all the fonts to these!

5 - Stupid search... we used to be able to quickly put something in the left search bar, now we have to look through a load of other crap. Put a simple search option back in the left menu bar!

BLOODY HELL, I'm busy and all you've done today is piss me off.

I pay all this money and you force this crap on me. Have you not learnt from the jupiter mess?

What planet are you lot on?!

Last edited:

TD1

Registered
Mar 22, 2022
Minnesota
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I found the left side quick search and load averages in the top right corner to be very very helpful. Now they are both gone. The functionality of this new "theme" is awful.

The very least Cpanel could do is allow us to revert back to the old theme. This new theme is awful, clunky, and not well thought out at all. PLEASE LET US REVERT BACK TO THE OLD THEME. There is no reason that this shouldn't be an option to use the old theme.

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Apparently they don't do any Usability Testing.
When someone is creating a user interface they feel it's very easy use, and for them it is.
During last couple of years cPanel has reached the stage where they (think they) know what their customers want and need, they are not any more listening to their customers.

Reactions: uk01

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! When you first log in to WHM you'll see a Statistics section on the right of the page and that will show the server load.

There is already much discussion about the icons and fonts in the main 102 thread here:

and we are looking into options to expand the icon set.

uk01

Dec 31, 2009
You can see this from any page by clicking the server icon in the top right - here's an example:

View attachment 76733
@cPRex see point 2 in my original post
I'm not stupid, I know there's a POP UP
OH my.... I'm a web developer and server admin! Hence I do this job myself and can see how stupid it is for UI to put it in a pop up.
I need to see LIVE figures while I'm editing php settings for eg, not have to click a stupid pop up with flashy background effect.

uk01

Dec 31, 2009
Yes that's lovely and live but it needs to be top right!!
Visible on all pages as it's VERY important info

Kelli

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 30, 2016
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

We're working to put the load averages back in the upper right so that it is always visible on any page. Keep an eye out for this case number: ART-2359.
We are also tracking this work at this feature request link: https://features.cpanel.net/topic/2...y-on-load-average-display-in-top-right-corner

AND - we're also putting a search back in the left nav as well with this case number: PH-18009.
This feature request link: https://features.cpanel.net/topic/22382-jupiter-return-search-bar-to-left-navigation-in-whm

Both of these requests are targeting v102.

Reactions: cPRex

jhawkins003

Jun 24, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Every time I see one of these threads pop up regarding the load UI I have a thought that I will finally share here.

If one is this tied to load monitoring for development and support ops (which is valid) - why are you not using top, or htop, or another load monitoring tool via terminal? Honestly these tools give infinitely better feedback and detail than the WHM's data anyway. Also they are very very easy and accessible for use. In many ways easier than fussing with WHM.

Reactions: cPRex