The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is mailman config_list?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by blazingsun, Jul 5, 2006.

1. blazingsun

blazingsun Registered

I have subscribed to a web hosting service that offers cpanel. I want to use mailman to set up several mailing lists. I was hoping to configure one list manually via cpanel then duplicate the configuration, editting the list specifics such as list name, and avoid having to go through all of the mailman configuration options manually.

I've read about using config_list and dumpdb but cannot find these commands on the server using "find / ..."

Is it possible to run config_list without root permissions on the server? Any help will be most appreciated.

2. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    In cPanel, all of the Mailman configuration utilities are stored in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/ (or more generally /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/), and are only accessible to a root-level user. Presumably this is to keep users from modifying their lists from outside of cPanel and possibly throwing a wrench into things.