where is settings file: "Service Status"?

JohnBB

Dec 12, 2004
Hello All:

Does anyone know where the SETTINGS file is for what you see in WHM's "Service Status"? Or what the name is?

I can change e.g. "server load" settings so that the red light gif only flashes if server load is 6 (or whatever #) in WHM's "Tweak Settings," but I am looking to change the settings for hard disk quota -- now flashes red if HDD is at 80% capacity.

Thanks.
John

JohnBB

Dec 12, 2004
Thanks!
However, the HDD space option is not in here .... these directories have:
apache
bind
clamd
cpimap
cppop
cpsrvd
exim
eximstats
interchange
mysql
postgres
proftpd
spamd
syslogd

Almost all you see in WHM's "Service Status" -- but NOT:
Server Load
Memory Used
Swap

I am interested in the "Server Load" option -- not to disable it, I can do so in the reseller settings, but to change the percentage when the red/yellow button starts flashing.

John

JohnBB

Dec 12, 2004
Hi Blue|Fusion:
If I could, I would not have posted this here. There is nothing about HDD space in "Tweak Settings".

John

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Indeed. You can have a trawl through the chkservd perl script that generates that page:

/usr/sbin/chkservd

You could modify it, but it will be overwritten on the next update.

JohnBB

Dec 12, 2004
I did edit /usr/sbin/chkservd -- even rebooted server .... still the same. The warning button flashes at 80%, even if I set it to 90 in /usr/sbin/chkservd.

John

d_t

Sep 20, 2003
Bucharest
in /usr/sbin/chkservd , "Drive Warning" and "Drive Critical" are hardcoded to 80% and 90%. For usually harddisks, this means lots of space (10% from 32 GB means 3GB, more than enough for server to work properly). Why don't you put these values as variables in whm/tweak settings. ?

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Have you created a bugzilla enhancement request for this? If not, do so if you want to see such a feature (if it's not already been requested).

Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Has the perl file been moved?

Dillard

Feb 26, 2003
The Netherlands
Anyone a clue how to remove /dev from "Service Status"? It is (it is supposed to) always 100%, but customers sometimes think something is wrong :)