The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find a good consultant?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by nebraska66, Apr 8, 2008.

1. nebraska66

nebraska66 Registered

I have migrated a dedicated server recently and have found that most sites are functioning correctly, but all of them don't show any of their installed databases in the mysql cpanel tool. Nor is it possible to create a new database on any of the accounts.

I think this thread may pertain to my problem:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=77235&highlight=mysql+databases

My question is...Where can I find a good, reputable admin for hire to help me resolve this? My hosting is unmanaged and I need to get this done myself.

2. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hey there,

You could check the "Ads and Offers" area of this forum. ;) User signatures are a good way to go as well.

This specific issue seems to be a rights issue when the account restore was made. It's possible that MySQL's user table is a bit off. Try to run the following as root, it can't hurt:

/scripts/upcp --force
    /scripts/mysqlup --force

:)

It should help. Give it a go. :)

3. nebraska66

nebraska66 Registered

I did run those commands...and it didn't hurt anything. It didn't fix the problem though. Still can't create a new database via cpanel, nor does it list the ones in existence...phpmyadmin does...and the site runs.

Calling anyone who can help me fix this :D