navid120

Apr 23, 2011
I haved uploaded my index file in several copies into any directory of my cpanel, my default index file can not be changed. I can not find my default index file. if available it should be on : user/public_html Or : home/domain/public_html
is there a way to find default index file? Can index management on cpanel help me to change it?

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You need to load the index page of your website in public_html folder. This is the one loaded by default in a browser. What do you get in the browser when you open your website.

I haved uploaded my index file in several copies into any directory of my cpanel, my default index file can not be changed. I can not find my default index file. if available it should be on : user/public_html Or : home/domain/public_html
is there a way to find default index file? Can index management on cpanel help me to change it?

navid120

Apr 23, 2011
thnx jawad, i'm using instantfreesite.com free hosting package , my home page is a welcome message by hosting. it says to change your home page replace this index.html page with yours, i can not find this file to replace.

Kristian0911

Jan 17, 2011
I will suggest that you login to Cpanel >> Files >> File Manager and check the default index page under public_html folder, if it is present there then you can replace it. OR try to contact your Provider they should help you in this issue.

Thanks.