The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to put index files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by navid120, Apr 23, 2011.

1. navid120

navid120 Member

I haved uploaded my index file in several copies into any directory of my cpanel, my default index file can not be changed. I can not find my default index file. if available it should be on : user/public_html Or : home/domain/public_html
    is there a way to find default index file? Can index management on cpanel help me to change it?

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You need to load the index page of your website in public_html folder. This is the one loaded by default in a browser. What do you get in the browser when you open your website.

3. navid120

navid120 Member

thnx jawad, i'm using instantfreesite.com free hosting package , my home page is a welcome message by hosting. it says to change your home page replace this index.html page with yours, i can not find this file to replace.

4. Kristian0911

Kristian0911 Member

I will suggest that you login to Cpanel >> Files >> File Manager and check the default index page under public_html folder, if it is present there then you can replace it. OR try to contact your Provider they should help you in this issue.

Thanks.