where we create/edit TEMPLATE for ALL the files "/var/named/domain.tld.db" ? (new requeriment from ISP)

Jun 3, 2008
hello, our ISP send this requeriment to yours customers:

1649161579996.png

we can't edit one by one "/var/named/domain1.tld.db" , "/var/named/domain2.tld.db", etc...

also what about NEW accounts/domains ?

then: exists some COMMAND/FILE/TEMPLATE for we EDIT all the files
"/var/named/domain.tld.db"
and some template for NEW domains include the line

include: eig.spf.a.cloudfilter.net ~all

??

thanks

( our server is NOT MANAGED! )

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! You can edit the templates in WHM >> Edit Zone Templates. However, that would only apply to newly-created zones on the system. You would need to manually add the record to existing zones on the machine - either through the WHM interface or creating a custom command that adds the record and also updates the serial number. I don't have a way to provide such a command on my end as that would have to be carefully written.

Jun 3, 2008
Hey there! You can edit the templates in WHM >> Edit Zone Templates. However, that would only apply to newly-created zones on the system. You would need to manually add the record to existing zones on the machine - either through the WHM interface or creating a custom command that adds the record and also updates the serial number. I don't have a way to provide such a command on my end as that would have to be carefully written.
thanks,

this is the current /var/named/SLD-CUSTOMER.com.db
Code:
default._domainkey    14400    IN    TXT    "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=SO_LONGS_TRING1" SO_LONGS_TRING2\;
SLD-CUSTOMER.com.    14400    IN    TXT    "v=spf1 ip4:MYSERVER_IP +a +mx ~all"
then based in info from ISP:

1649851810866.png

I need change EACH FILE into /var/named with:

default._domainkey 14400 IN TXT "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=SO_LONGS_TRING1 include: eig.spf.a.cloudfilter.net" SO_LONGS_TRING2\;
SLD-CUSTOMER.com. 14400 IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:MYSERVER_IP +a +mx ~all include: eig.spf.a.cloudfilter.net"

OR ONLY CHANGE:

SLD-CUSTOMER.com. 14400 IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:MYSERVER_IP +a +mx ~all include: eig.spf.a.cloudfilter.net"

???

regards

Jun 3, 2008
I would do the latter where you just add the additional include.
thanks

oh master...

then one by one ?

don't exists a "MAGIC COMMAND" for do this over EACH "/var/named/domain1.tld.db" ?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unfortunately there's no such command. If you needed to add it to all the zones on the machine you'd have to write a script that would both add that record and update the serial number of the zone so it can be properly reloaded with the new data.