The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHERE'S THE Zone Template Editor DOCS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wantmaker@spider, Jan 11, 2005.

1. wantmaker@spider

Has anyone actually seen any documentation on the Zone Template Editor (let lone an example of correct usage)? I was hoping I could add two host names to every new account so I didn't have to do it manually. Is this not what the thing is for? I have a reseller account, so I didn't want to just start dorking with it (as I usually do) for fear of breaking something and ticking off the host.

Anybody got anything that gives a better explaination than the one-liner that comes with it?

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

It seems pretty straight forward from taking a quick look. How about you tell us exactly what it is you want to do and we might be able to provide you with a solution ?

3. wantmaker@spider

UH... Okay...

Let's try it again...

Let's say you wanted to have the host names "ONE" and "TWO" added to every domain name you created. Imagine that all the other settings in the default DNS zone (the one that is created when you DON'T use a template) are fine. Then how, pray tell, do you use the supplied templates to accomplish that feat? Does the custom template completely REPLACE the default template that's normally created - thus requiring that you include ALL records (@, WWW, MAIL, FTP, ETC, as well as ONE and TWO)? Is the template used to UPDATE the default template by adding the new hosts? Do you ... uh... I guess that's what I mean. You know, the kind of thing you would get with docs or examples.