The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which comes first in setting up resellers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by checksoft, Sep 20, 2004.

1. checksoft

checksoft Well-Known Member

We're new to cpanel and have our own dedicated server and we have questions (of course). First of all, the WHM root automatically set us up as a Reseller, if I remember correctly, and we created another test reseller domain. We assigned ALL privileges for these accounts since they are ours. Next, I set up 3 Reseller Packages for our clients, which will be somewhat limited in scope.

To set these limitations or features for our resellers, I navigated to Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center where I found a list of our two reseller usernames but not the 3 packages. Next, I clicked on Edit Privileges/Nameservers inside the Reseller Center and found I could edit one of the 2 username accounts, but not the Reseller Packages although all 3 are present.

What comes first? The chicken or the egg? The reseller username or the Reseller Package?

As a side note, we are also using WHMAP.

Looking for a cpanel guru who knows better :)

#1 checksoft, Sep 20, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When you say "packages" - do you truely mean Cpanel Packages, or do you mean the reseller ACL (access control list).

3. checksoft

checksoft Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound braindead, but I am. Please write more...

thanks