Which email filter caused to discard an email?

munirgee

Registered
Jul 5, 2022
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

My customer has made hundreds of cpanel Global email filters to discard unwanted spam emails. He complained that he is not able to receive email from a particular email address and then I whitelisted that email address from (Spam Filters > Show Additional Configurations > Edit Spam Whitelist Settings) but emails are still being filtered due to some filters made in cpanel's Global Email Filters.

Here is the screenshot how did he check from Cpanel > Track Delivery

Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 2.34.14 PM.png

Can someone advise (may be through ssh command) to know which particular filter becoming the cause to discard any particular message ID?

Waiting
Muhammad

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

munirgee

Registered
Jul 5, 2022
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! There isn't a specific log that will show which filter was used. The best way to get that information would be with the details outlined here, using the Exim Test Filter tool:

Can you try using that to recreate the email condition and see if that helps you isolate the filter?
Thank you for the for the feedback and I went through the referred link and it only assists either condition is true or false for @header_from, @header_body but it does not name the actual filter. My customer has made hundreds of filters and sometimes a genuine does not reach due to the filers created and going through every single filter sounds like a nightmare.

Can anyone else assist further on this issue?

Waiting
Muhammad