Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Which one do I download?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormz, Jul 24, 2004.

1. stormz

stormz Registered

Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but I am quite new to all this lingo. I want to download cPanel. I am on a Windows 2000 OS... I have no idea which cPanel to download from the long list, and I do not know what to do after downloading it since it's not a regular install file I am used to seeing.

help me out! thanks

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

cPanel is a Linux control panel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stormz

stormz Registered

ugh, this is just so confusing. I signed up for a web hosting server, no where in that website did it ever say that it required that I myself needed a Linux OS to just manage the server.

So i signed up, it tells me to get cPanel/WHM, and well, i don't actually run a Linux OS, so I am left in the dust on what to do....

I am not sure how this all works but I if cPanel is supposed to be installed on the server hosting the website, shouldn't the web hoster already have it installed and not require myself to install cPanel?

#3 stormz, Jul 24, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  4. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

You will need to connect to your server and install cPanel to it remotely.

Good luck! :D

5. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Let me clarify: If your server uses a Linux OS, then you can install cPanel/WHM. You don't need to have Linux on your local machine to do this, but your remote server must use Linux.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...