The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which OS ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hostbox.be, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Hostbox.be

Hostbox.be Well-Known Member

Hi all,

which OS should I choose for a smooth interaction with cpanel ?

I have had Redhat 7.3 and now I am running Redhat 8, but I begin to experience problems with cpanel.... eximstats fails, mysql not working with a fresh installation, installation even fails, etc... I see also that Redhat 8 is not longer in the list of supported platforms of cpanel ? Only 7.3 and 9, strange, does somebody know why ?

So today I installed Redhat Enterprise Linux v3 on a server and then I tried to install cpanel, but many things go wrong. Cpanels uses up2date function of Redhat and to get that working on a Enterprise box, you need to buy a support contract for the Redhat Network. And I want to keep my OS free if possible....

So, what OS should I choose ? I want stability, an OS with a long lifecycle that is fully supported by cpanel, an OS with a future... and keep in mind that I am used to work with Redhat. Should I go for Redhat 9 or Centos or Fedora or should I pay for an Enterprise support contract ? Has anyone done that already, paid for Redhat Enterprise Linux and how do you do that exactly and what is the price / year ?

Please give me some advise, because I want to upgrade as soon as possible because the current Redhat 8 and cpanel are not working great anymore.

Thank you very much !

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

Didn't you already post this in another thread?

tsk tsk.

3. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    centOS :)