The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PHP version(s) are supported by cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unit156, Mar 23, 2006.

1. unit156

unit156 Registered

My eyes are sore from searching through the forum, but I still have not found an answer to my question, so here goes:

Where can I go to find out what versions(s) of PHP any given version of cPanel supports?

I have requested for my hosting provider to use something other than PHP 5.0.5 because I am disabled from using SugarCRM (Open Source CRM solution) due to major problems with the PHP 5.0.5 release. However, their excuse is that they are waiting for cPanel to support a PHP version beyond 5.0.5. I'm trying to verify that indeed the latest version of cPanel does not support anything later than PHP 5.0.5, but I can't find the information anywhere. I've looked at install docs, google, forums, etc. Can someone advise me on the answer or better yet, direct me to the official source so I can decide whether my hosting provider is full of it or not?

Thanks!

2. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

You can use 5.1 but it is a beta version so should not be used in a working enviorment.

3. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Cpanel does support PHP 5.1.2 (BETA SUPPORT) but it is not recommended if you have a shared server.

4. unit156

unit156 Registered

What is the source of this information?

Thanks all, these are great responses that confirm what my hosting provider is saying. However, I'm looking for the source. Can you share how/where you acquired this information? I'm hoping it's documented by cPanel somewhere...

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It isn't documented - it's available to the server admin within WHM which shows the supported versions. If you want to know officially, you'd need to contact cPanel directly.