Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Which script allows remote MySQL access?

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by SoftDux, Mar 6, 2019.

1. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Can someone please tell me which script is used to allow remote MySQL access? i.e. in cPanel, when a client adds his IP address to the Remote MySQL list, what script is used in CentOS to add the IP to the database tables?

I am asking, since we use ConfigServerFirewall, and I want to automatically allow that IP address through the firewall with port 3306.

To explain what I am looking for, cPanel has a prewwwacct script which can be customized to run other scripts upon creation of a new account. I am looking for the same script for MySQL Remote Access

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SoftDux

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't think the API will help in this case, as it needs to be triggered by a 3rd party script.

What script gets run when a user adds his IP to the MySQL Remote Access list in cPanel?

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SoftDux

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am not using a 3rd party script. I merely want to add the IP address into the firewall, as soon as the user adds the IP address in cPanel.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @SoftDux,

You would have to develop a custom script that parses the IP addresses from the output of the Mysql get_host_notes UAPI function and adds them to the CSF whitelist. Then, setup your custom script to run during the post event stage of the Mysql::add_host UAPI function so that your custom script runs anytime someone authorizes a new host to the Remote MySQL option in cPanel. You can read more about setting up standardized hooks on the document below:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Hookable Events - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

If you need help developing the custom script, we provide a list of companies offering system administration services on the link below:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Hookable Events - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.