Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Which Version of IonCube Loader?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by nootkan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. nootkan

nootkan Well-Known Member

I just purchased a plugin that requires ioncube to be loaded. I went into easyapache 3 to add it but there are two options: ioncube 5 and ioncube 4. When I click on the more info button I can't see which option is the one for my server. Which option is the correct one for php 5.6.29 and apache 2.4.25?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    First things first, you need to update to EasyApache4. cPanel updates will not be possible if you don't.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nootkan

nootkan Well-Known Member

I can't update to easy apache4 just yet. I have to wait a few months (than I migrate to a new server) so I need to set up the server this way for now. Guess I should have explained why I am using easyapache3. So all other issues aside, which option is the right one for my situation?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    EasyApache3 was End of life, December 2018. Moving to EasyApache4 is quite painless and is the best option for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AndyB78

AndyB78 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack this thread towards EA4 but in case we already have EA4, which version of ionCube is recommended? 6 is said to be experimental (some kind of beta?). And if 6 is experimental, how is v. 10? Anyway, which is recommended?

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @AndyB78,

We provide a table on the document below with the IonCube loader versions available for each PHP version in EasyApache 4:

PHP Options - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

ionCube Loader 10 is available for PHP versions 7.1 and newer. You can only use ionCube 6 with PHP version 7.0 or earlier.

Thank you.