Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

which would be the best configuration for a vps linux using wordpress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmartinez78, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jpmartinez78

jpmartinez78 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a vps and i was planing to create a reseller account for my own websites, 4 of them everything works fine. cpanel accounts, ftp,mysql etc but whe i install the template for wordpress , theres no posibility to generate thumbnails automatically , even if i add manually , obviously i have another hosting provider with cpanel and everything works fine.i suspect there´s a bad configuration or non property . i would like to know what is the best configuration based on wordpress and the best performance for run cgi without without any problems for cpanel. thanks

2. pwhjenny

pwhjenny Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you have GD library enabled? If not probably that is reason thumbnails not working.

php -m | grep gd

What does it show?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hoststage

hoststage Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Regarding the first question aboutwhat kind of VPS you would want for 4 WP websites, i would depend directly on how many visitors a day you have, do you have rush hours ? And what kind of plugin you use.

You can contact your current host to add the GD library.