The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white list for mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gekado, Oct 17, 2003.

1. gekado

gekado Registered

The spam filter software of cpanel has one problem: Sometimes it marks wanted mail from friends or partners as spam. This makes this mail unreadable but much more important is, that I cannot use the discard function for marked mails.
    The new spam folder is no help, because I have to check the mail there too and it makes no difference where I have to do this.

I would like to suppose to insert a white list function into cpanel. Each mailadress I put into that list should be not become checked by the spam software.
    I think it would be quite effective to use a white list together with the discard function.

regards
    Georg Doll

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear gekado,

You can Whitelist mail addresses by using the option configure spam assassin. There you can specify the mail address which is to be whitelisted. This can be done by

Cpanel -> Mail Manager -> Spam Assassin -> click on configure spam assassin button. There you can specify the mail addresses to be white listed in the white_from textbox.

Regards,

3. btwatts

btwatts Active Member

WhiteList very limited

I find the white list integration in SpamAssassin and CPanel to be very limited.

Is there a way to enable _per user_ whitelists ?

Preferably in a way that novice users can manipulate their list without superuser (main account) access.....

4. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

Re: WhiteList very limited

That would be a great addition! ;)