Whitelist any email that originates from the same server

GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I want to make absolutely sure that if a hosting client emails me then it comes through, no matter what it says. Even if it's spam or a virus... that way I'll be alerted to make sure their account isn't compromised.

I know that I can use cPanel > Spam Filter > whitelist_from, and I can also modify /home/example/.spamassassin/user_prefs to whitelist email addresses. But what about whitelisting by IP or something? I don't really want to try to remember to whitelist each time someone creates a new account.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm not sure there is going to be a better way than adding the domain to a whitelist. That would ensure that the domain is fully whitelisted no matter if the email is sent from localhost through webmail or through a client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

I suppose it would be possible to create a custom Exim filter that checks the domains on the server using the /etc/userdomains file, but that would involve some custom coding through Exim outside of what cPanel would have supported tools for.