PixelCraft

Registered
May 9, 2008
I was hoping to use the boxtrapper to protect my forum email address from spammers. This is the most vulnerable address I have. However, boxtrapper will only let me list "From" addresses, not "Reply-To" which is what lists tend to use. How do I get cPanel to supply a Reply-To choice when whitelisting addresses?

Thanks.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I would suggest you forget about boxtrapper and take another route. How about using a [email protected] and forward any mail that comes into that address to Discard (Not Recommended) in advanced options in forwards. Then add a link in your forums emails to the 'contact us' online webform.

Now if a spammer registers (if, LMAO!) he'll add this email to his spam list to hit you back with some spam and you'll get zero emails.

Just a thought.. ;)

PixelCraft

Registered
May 9, 2008
Sorry, read your suggestion several times but cannot understand it.

Problem is, I sub with [email protected] Forum forwards emails from members, leaving their From: [email protected] address intact. Now boxtrapper traps all the emails from the forum unless member verifies. Well, there is no way a member is going to verify.

If I could whitelist "Reply-to mail\@someforum\.com" instead of "From mail\@someforum\.com" that would solve the problem because then I can whitelist all mail from the forum, regardless of the From field being used by different members.

I would have thought this is easy to setup by CPanel. My host won't because, though they provide Cpanel rather than use their own software, they don't support it.