The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitelisting forums address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PixelCraft, May 9, 2008.

1. PixelCraft

PixelCraft Registered

I was hoping to use the boxtrapper to protect my forum email address from spammers. This is the most vulnerable address I have. However, boxtrapper will only let me list "From" addresses, not "Reply-To" which is what lists tend to use. How do I get cPanel to supply a Reply-To choice when whitelisting addresses?

Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I would suggest you forget about boxtrapper and take another route. How about using a no.reply@yourforums.com and forward any mail that comes into that address to Discard (Not Recommended) in advanced options in forwards. Then add a link in your forums emails to the 'contact us' online webform.

Now if a spammer registers (if, LMAO!) he'll add this email to his spam list to hit you back with some spam and you'll get zero emails.

Just a thought.. ;)

3. PixelCraft

PixelCraft Registered

Sorry, read your suggestion several times but cannot understand it.

Problem is, I sub with me@myforums.com Forum forwards emails from members, leaving their From: member@hisforums.com address intact. Now boxtrapper traps all the emails from the forum unless member verifies. Well, there is no way a member is going to verify.

If I could whitelist "Reply-to mail\@someforum\.com" instead of "From mail\@someforum\.com" that would solve the problem because then I can whitelist all mail from the forum, regardless of the From field being used by different members.

I would have thought this is easy to setup by CPanel. My host won't because, though they provide Cpanel rather than use their own software, they don't support it.