Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.6-S27698 - SSL CSR Key Length

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobbonifield, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bobbonifield

bobbonifield Registered

GoDaddy recently switched to requiring 2048-bit key's for certs, and it seems that our WHM install won't allow us to choose the key strength. We have a newer WHM server that gives a drop down box where we can select 1024 or 2048, but this particular server doesn't show that. Is there a method for overriding this via config or anything? I do have root shell access, and it's not a shared server.

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Ssl

Hello,

I do apologize for this issue, this should be something we can take a look at closer. Please put in the information on both machine.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. bobbonifield

bobbonifield Registered

I contacted our server company about it, and the tech suggested upgrading cPanel/WHM and seeing if that helped out. So after upgrading to "cPanel 11.24.5-S38506 - WHM 11.24.2", the select box for key strength is there. So the problem is taken care of for now. Thanks!