The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM 11.25 Backup functionality

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by gnummep-martin, Jul 31, 2009.

1. gnummep-martin

gnummep-martin Registered

I've read on the forum that WHM 11.25 would have renewed backup functionality. Could anybody elaborate on this? I am really looking foward to alternative backup solutions (especially to Amazon S3 without the hassle) to FTP.

2. sirbrent

sirbrent Well-Known Member

I would like to hear more about this too! Backups in WHM and cPanel need to be revamped desperately. I would love to have a streamlined S3 solution.

3. gnummep-martin

Or at least something smart which allows for easy incremental backup and restore (just take an aim at R1Soft ;)).

4. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

You can check bqbackup.com. If you have secondary disk attached to the server, you can even write a simple script to backup files using rsync with incremental option. So the modified files will only be copied over.

5. gnummep-martin

I am aware of the current methods of backing up, which is a widely covered issue and stops with rsync and bqbackup.com (or a reseller) or duplicity and s3, neither of which are easy to work with out of WHM/cPanel. Besides that, for the record, a secondary disk attached to a server is not a good backup method. You'll notice if your power supply fails and backfires into your server.

The point of this thread is getting more information and discussion about the said-to-be upcoming revamped backup functionality in cPanel/WHM 11.25.