The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM 11.34.0.2 GUI Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PPNSteve, Oct 16, 2012.

1. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Just got updated to 11.34.0.2 and the new user interface is pretty neat.. and different too :)

I have just one question:
    How can we stop the sidebar menu from auto scrolling when a link is clicked?

Example: I'm looking at Apache status page and click on the load averages to go to the process manager, the menu scrolls to the process manager link and forces me to scroll it back up to look at Apache status again. very annoying and IMO, time wasting.

REDHAT Enterprise 5.8 i686 standard – WHM 11.34.0 (build 2)

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is part of the design of the WHM UI. Please file a feature request (features.cpanel.net) to influence a change.

Perhaps a way of disabling the auto scroll would be the suggested change?

3. sardelich

sardelich Well-Known Member

and that auto scroll would maye be just fine if it would center selected menu on the center of the screen.but it scrolls it down to the very bottom of the screen...

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    On the fence about this one I think. I like knowing by that menu highlight moving to the area I'm in, showing me where I'm at. I leave all menu sections closed normally, and when I click load average for example, if that section is closed, it opens and shows me that I'm in that area. Going back to the previous area wherever I was, is also open, rest are closed that I don't use often. I don't see much waste of time there.

5. aww

aww Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can we get the old theme back somehow?

I work 12+ hours a day at a monitor and blinding white is not a good theme choice for admin.

I liked blue links better too, better contrast.

I guess I will just use stylish for now to fix it. This one line makes it far better for me
    Code:
    .commandContainer li a {line-height:10px !important; white-space:nowrap !important; color:navy !important;}

#5 aww, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  6. cPanelTomGreen

cPanelTomGreen Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Would something like a high contrast mode, with black background help for better contrast?

7. sardelich

sardelich Well-Known Member

I really dont like this theme.scroll and white back in not at all interesting.grey back is fat more better and please add option to disable auto scroll of left menu,I hate when things try to do something on their own...

8. aww

aww Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sadly it's not just the contrast, it's the wasteful fatness of elements, wide vertical/horizontal spacing and several other issues.

Basically you did what a few companies have done to their downfall - 100% redesign instead of incremental and like the others, your designers must be working on high end equipment, so it "works for them" but not in the realworld.

I tried tarballing the old 11.32 theme from another server that had not upgraded yet and uploading it to 11.34 but apparently this won't work, it's activated but the 11.34 theme is forced instead for reasons I cannot easily find, maybe a missing file triggers the legacy fallback.

I wonder what will happen if I rename themes.

9. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    feature request has been added..

10. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Couldn't agree more, I have not had even one person like the new look. Plus the fact no optional choices is a really bad move IMHO.

11. aww

aww Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They could solve the problem overnight by allowing the old X theme to work. They could redistribute it as X-legacy, or X32.

I cannot figure out why the old X 11.32 tarball does not work on 11.34, it's still drawing the 11.34 theme files from somewhere, despite temporarily deleting them to see what happens. But I have the old login enabled in settings so the login has the old look, strange.

I have one server stuck at 11.32 because of CentOS 4.9 and I actually enjoy working on that box more than the newer ones.

#11 aww, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  12. NovemberRain

NovemberRain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The problem with WHM was the list on the left was too long. Now it is longer. It is even more difficult to use. I don't like this new design at all. I gave myself some time to adjust but no. I decided I really don't like it.

13. NetworkPanda

NetworkPanda Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When something changes, there are always people who like the new appearance and people who prefer the previous one.
    An option to select between the old or the new theme I think would be great.
    Everybody would be happy. :)

14. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

WHM 11.34.0 (build 6)

haven't really used it just loggin and I do not like the colors anyway of changing them?

Charles

15. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: WHM 11.34.0 (build 6)

There is no way at this time to modify the WHM style, no. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.

16. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

ok thanks it's just for me at my age LOL it's hard to see with the new colors.

Plus I have 2 servers one I keep at stable and the other at release both went to the new version even though the stable still says 11.32 I think it said oh well we will just continue on.

Charles

17. mwhost

mwhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

new WHM 11.34...

1. Fonts
    Grey color, harder to read. Much larger fonts compared with previous versions

2. Buttons
    Extremely heavy blue with large fonts.

3. BIG icons

Elements above simply turn the monitor full of information, hard to find something that was easier to find in previous versions.
    Besides colors choice were not the best for a panel which needs to be constantly used, at the end of the day it turns stressful for the user to look for those colors, fonts and buttons.

New layout may look nice but it's bad to work with all day.
    Definitely a bad move! You should consider use smaller and black fonts, small light buttons...
    Basically the previous layout was great.

18. mwhost

mwhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Another vote to have the old theme back!

19. ysu

ysu Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Another vote, the old theme was much better for everyday use.

I don't think that a full look upgrade like this should be just pushed onto the users, to be honest.
    It should have been a question, and a clear choice if one wants to upgrade.

20. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

11.34.x feedback

Just wanted to chime in with my input on the new GUI of cPanel/WHM 11.34.x. Basically I think it is a HUGE step backward in layout and design. It is much more cluttered and a lot less clean and easy on the eyes. All those boxes and wasted spaces makes it worse. In the prior version, there were several more icons per row on my screen. enough so so that they all fit within three rows of icons and I did not have to scroll to find anything. Now there is so much bloat and wasted space that I have to scroll to use several of the icons that I use often. I really do not like the fluffy layout at all. A much cleaner and simpler layout of icons across the screen is VERY much better and easier to use. In fact had I been shown the two GUIs and had to pick which was the old version and which was the upgrade I would have had .34 as several versions old as bad as it looks. Please tell me how to get rid of all that fluff and glitz look to .34 and set it back to where I use all of my screen space for productivity rather than for prety little boxes and wasted screen space! Thanks!