PPNSteve

Mar 13, 2003
Somewhere in Ilex Forest
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Just got updated to 11.34.0.2 and the new user interface is pretty neat.. and different too :)

I have just one question:
How can we stop the sidebar menu from auto scrolling when a link is clicked?

Example: I'm looking at Apache status page and click on the load averages to go to the process manager, the menu scrolls to the process manager link and forces me to scroll it back up to look at Apache status again. very annoying and IMO, time wasting.

REDHAT Enterprise 5.8 i686 standard – WHM 11.34.0 (build 2)

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This is part of the design of the WHM UI. Please file a feature request (features.cpanel.net) to influence a change.

Perhaps a way of disabling the auto scroll would be the suggested change?

sardelich

Apr 28, 2010
and that auto scroll would maye be just fine if it would center selected menu on the center of the screen.but it scrolls it down to the very bottom of the screen...

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
On the fence about this one I think. I like knowing by that menu highlight moving to the area I'm in, showing me where I'm at. I leave all menu sections closed normally, and when I click load average for example, if that section is closed, it opens and shows me that I'm in that area. Going back to the previous area wherever I was, is also open, rest are closed that I don't use often. I don't see much waste of time there.

aww

Feb 10, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Can we get the old theme back somehow?

I work 12+ hours a day at a monitor and blinding white is not a good theme choice for admin.

I liked blue links better too, better contrast.

I guess I will just use stylish for now to fix it. This one line makes it far better for me
Code:
.commandContainer li a {line-height:10px !important; white-space:nowrap !important; color:navy !important;}

Last edited:

cPanelTomGreen

Staff member
Oct 23, 2009
Houston
Would something like a high contrast mode, with black background help for better contrast?

Can we get the old theme back somehow?

I work 12+ hours a day at a monitor and blinding white is not a good theme choice for admin.

I liked blue links better too, better contrast.

I guess I will just use stylish for now to fix it. This one line makes it far better for me
Code:
.commandContainer li a {line-height:10px !important; white-space:nowrap !important; color:navy !important;}

sardelich

Apr 28, 2010
I really dont like this theme.scroll and white back in not at all interesting.grey back is fat more better and please add option to disable auto scroll of left menu,I hate when things try to do something on their own...

aww

Feb 10, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sadly it's not just the contrast, it's the wasteful fatness of elements, wide vertical/horizontal spacing and several other issues.

Basically you did what a few companies have done to their downfall - 100% redesign instead of incremental and like the others, your designers must be working on high end equipment, so it "works for them" but not in the realworld.

I tried tarballing the old 11.32 theme from another server that had not upgraded yet and uploading it to 11.34 but apparently this won't work, it's activated but the 11.34 theme is forced instead for reasons I cannot easily find, maybe a missing file triggers the legacy fallback.

I wonder what will happen if I rename themes.

dgbaker

PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Sadly it's not just the contrast, it's the wasteful fatness of elements, wide vertical/horizontal spacing and several other issues.

Basically you did what a few companies have done to their downfall - 100% redesign instead of incremental and like the others, your designers must be working on high end equipment, so it "works for them" but not in the realworld.
Couldn't agree more, I have not had even one person like the new look. Plus the fact no optional choices is a really bad move IMHO.

aww

Feb 10, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
They could solve the problem overnight by allowing the old X theme to work. They could redistribute it as X-legacy, or X32.

I cannot figure out why the old X 11.32 tarball does not work on 11.34, it's still drawing the 11.34 theme files from somewhere, despite temporarily deleting them to see what happens. But I have the old login enabled in settings so the login has the old look, strange.

I have one server stuck at 11.32 because of CentOS 4.9 and I actually enjoy working on that box more than the newer ones.

Last edited:

NovemberRain

Sep 24, 2003
İstanbul
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The problem with WHM was the list on the left was too long. Now it is longer. It is even more difficult to use. I don't like this new design at all. I gave myself some time to adjust but no. I decided I really don't like it.

NetworkPanda

Registered
Oct 20, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When something changes, there are always people who like the new appearance and people who prefer the previous one.
An option to select between the old or the new theme I think would be great.
Everybody would be happy. :)

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
WHM 11.34.0 (build 6)

haven't really used it just loggin and I do not like the colors anyway of changing them?

Charles

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
Re: WHM 11.34.0 (build 6)

ok thanks it's just for me at my age LOL it's hard to see with the new colors.

Plus I have 2 servers one I keep at stable and the other at release both went to the new version even though the stable still says 11.32 I think it said oh well we will just continue on.

Charles

mwhost

Oct 31, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Re: WHM 11.34.0 (build 6)

new WHM 11.34...

1. Fonts
Grey color, harder to read. Much larger fonts compared with previous versions

2. Buttons
Extremely heavy blue with large fonts.

3. BIG icons

Elements above simply turn the monitor full of information, hard to find something that was easier to find in previous versions.
Besides colors choice were not the best for a panel which needs to be constantly used, at the end of the day it turns stressful for the user to look for those colors, fonts and buttons.

New layout may look nice but it's bad to work with all day.
Definitely a bad move! You should consider use smaller and black fonts, small light buttons...
Basically the previous layout was great.

ysu

Registered
Oct 31, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Another vote, the old theme was much better for everyday use.

I don't think that a full look upgrade like this should be just pushed onto the users, to be honest.
It should have been a question, and a clear choice if one wants to upgrade.

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
11.34.x feedback

Just wanted to chime in with my input on the new GUI of cPanel/WHM 11.34.x. Basically I think it is a HUGE step backward in layout and design. It is much more cluttered and a lot less clean and easy on the eyes. All those boxes and wasted spaces makes it worse. In the prior version, there were several more icons per row on my screen. enough so so that they all fit within three rows of icons and I did not have to scroll to find anything. Now there is so much bloat and wasted space that I have to scroll to use several of the icons that I use often. I really do not like the fluffy layout at all. A much cleaner and simpler layout of icons across the screen is VERY much better and easier to use. In fact had I been shown the two GUIs and had to pick which was the old version and which was the upgrade I would have had .34 as several versions old as bad as it looks. Please tell me how to get rid of all that fluff and glitz look to .34 and set it back to where I use all of my screen space for productivity rather than for prety little boxes and wasted screen space! Thanks!