The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM 11.34.0 (build 6) theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by mwhost, Oct 31, 2012.

1. mwhost

mwhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We updated WHM this morning and our clients are complaining about the new layout (already 7 new tickets with complaints). We are aware there's no chance to downgrade...

Any chance to have the previous WHM 11.32 theme?

new WHM 11.34...

1. Fonts
    Grey color, harder to read. Much larger fonts compared with previous versions

2. Buttons
    Extremely heavy blue with large fonts.

3. BIG icons

Elements above simply turn the monitor full of information, hard to find something that was easier to find in previous versions. Besides colors choice were not the best for a panel which needs to be constantly used, at the end of the day it turns stressful for the user to look for those colors, fonts and buttons.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    As you've mentioned yourself, there is no way to go back / downgrade.

Please keep in mind this is new, and I would think, subject to improvements over time.

This style is growing on me, fast. I'm not 100% happy with the color scheme either, but I like the direction the new style is going in.

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Requests for features and functionality need to occur at our feature request site: features.cpanel.net.

4. mwhost

mwhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Style would be fine for a panel that would require minimal daily use, if you spend most of the day working with WHM the new style is a pain due all colors, size of the buttons, size of fonts involved...

Already submitted the request. It's pending approval, looking forward to be approved to allow WHM users to vote on it...

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I disagree. I can still recall the very first time I ever looked at WHM. I knew there was no way I'd ever be able to find anything in there, there was just too much. Too many links, to many different areas for me to be able to find my way around properly.

The colors, size of buttons and font styles were the least of my concerns. Still are. This is a new style, some love it, some hate it to be sure. But it's new, so there's always going to be that small learning curve to get back in touch with where things are, and, how they look now. It will come. I know as I've been using this new style since it first hit EDGE a while back and I'm almost used to it.

I still don't like the large blue buttons, but they sure do look nice on my iPad. Try it and see. :)

Instead of posting a Feature Request to go back in time, I'd rather sign on to one that takes us forward. Give me a style editor that allows me to change background color, button size/color, font style/color, and gradients where used. Login screen too!

There isn't a whole lot of things to change here, why not open them up a bit so I can make it all black with green mono chrome fonts if I want? CSS is a lovely thing, I'd like to have access to it here.

6. mwhost

mwhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  7. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't think new theme has changanged how things are being displayed - layout of all the screens is basically the same. what has changed is mostly margins, font size, icons size.. and that added a ton of scrolling - both up-down and most irritating left-right. I have voted for a layout change. Or at least available old-theme-download.

8. jols

jols Well-Known Member

How about this ---> Nevermind, I finally found a good way around the icons on the WHM home page.

Thanks.

#8 jols, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  9. kamazokosi

kamazokosi Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks a great idea

10. ethical

ethical Well-Known Member

yep the links and headings of the left navigation are now VERY hard to read. grey on white, or grey on grey, sure it "looks" slicker, but is hard to read.