The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM 11.44 build 22 cPanel restore MySQL database shows little sign of progress

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by mobcdi, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

Using paper lantern and restoring a MySQL database from a cPanel account (in as reseller/root) I upload the .sql.gz file and choose restore but the restoration doesn't show any signs of progress after

Determined database name from sql

Restoring database “databaseName”

The MySQL backup is small (less than 30Kb compressed) and the server load avg in WHM is also low (not up in 1.00)

If I try PHPMyAdmin from cPanel there is no sign of the database itself but if I navigate to MySQL in cPanel it lists the restored database with a size of zero)

In WHM if I use PHPMyAdmin the database is listed but no tables found

Its an recent backup of an old database if thats relevant

Is it just
    1. that the restore page in cPanel isn't updating in a cosmetic way
    2. The restore process is stuck but not reporting back
    3. the database backup is corrupt

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to restore the backup via WHM's PHPAdmin from the .sql.gz file but would like to know for future reference if its something I was doing wrong via cPanel

- - - Updated - - -

Also had trouble restoring account from WHM backups which didn't help. I was getting msgs related to faile to extract the archive and /bin/gtar reported ENONET (2) error unexpected EOF in archive

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please feel free to open a support ticket so we can reproduce the issue on your system. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. mobcdi

mobcdi Well-Known Member

I have a ticket open relating to failure extracting a cPanel account backup, looks to be connected to a relatively full backup directory and corrupted backups created when the backup location was full or I'm adding more storage and configuring my backs a bit better

When doing a MySQL restore should the progress be reported by the UI fairly quickly and what comes after

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The speed of the database restore depends on the size of the database and the current load and hardware specs of the server. Feel free to post the ticket number or let us know the outcome of the ticket.

Thank you.