The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM 11.52 Greylisting feature issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Un Area, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Un Area

Un Area Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2006
    I activated the greylisting feature at WHM with a deferral time of 2 minutes (cause the default of 10 I think is too much)

Doing this adds some URIBL - BARRACUDA and SPAMRATS configurations to exim. But after activating the greylist feature. No new mail arrives to any account.

Checking the logs I see things like. ie: sending a test email from a account to a server account, happens the same with any account outside the server:

2016-02-11 23:03:59 []:36028 X=TLSv1:AES128-SHA:128 CV=no F=<> rejected RCPT <>: "JunkMail rejected - []:36028 - - is in, see: -> Query Refused. See URIBL.COM - Realtime URI Blacklist for more information [Your DNS IP:]"

I wait, wait, wait and nothing happens after several minutes. So I disabled the feature.

What is going on? Removing the uribl lines from exim, enables the server to receive emails again.

Thank you
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you verify the specific entries added to your /etc/exim.conf file? The RBL you referenced is part of SpamAssassin:

DnsBlocklists - Spamassassin Wiki

However, it's not enabled in the default Exim configuration offered in cPanel.

Thank you.