The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM 2087 not working...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tapan, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hi,

Suddenly WHm is down. I can't get to 2087 and i am gettig a page cannot be displayed error. Where as httpd etc. are all working fine even 2082 is also working fine just this 2087 is not working.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong ?

Thanks.

2. Bulent Tekcan

Bulent Tekcan Well-Known Member

Try Port 2086 because default WHM port is 2086.

Cheers

3. IberHosting

IberHosting Well-Known Member

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Also make sure that apache is started with ssl enabled

5. destr0yr

destr0yr Well-Known Member

Sometimes the stunnel wrapper will die. Try restarting cpanel (/etc/init.d/cpanel restart) and check your process list to see if stunnel is there or not: ps aux | grep stunnel

If not, check /var/log/messages for any errors - sometimes stunnel will fail if you have other ssl services running by xinetd, such as secure-imap.

6. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestiosn and tips. Let me explain what happened. I have a huge phpbb site hosted on the server. The owner of that site asked me to raise hislimit of sending out emails as he had 10k+ membes.

So i went into Tweak Settings and raised the limit from 60 to 1000. After 5 mins i saw CPU Load going to 29+ and then suddenly i was not able to open any page in WHM. So i closed my browse window and tried to open WHM again but then it started showing me "page cannot be displayed" message.

Though rest all http, pop, smtp, 2082, ftp were working fine only 2087 was down. So i asked my server company to check and dunno what they did after half an hour it was working again. I will ask them what they did and post it here maybe it will help others too.

Oh 1 thing i forgot to mention when the cpu load went 29+ the cpanel was updating itself too. Now i am not sure if the high load made WHM 2087 crash or what but i will let you know what sever guys did in order to fix it.

Thanks.