The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM .32.2 upgrade issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nootkan, Apr 6, 2012.

1. nootkan

nootkan Well-Known Member

WHM 11.32.2 (build 15)
    CENTOS 5.8 x86_64 standard
    Apache version 2.2.17
    PHP version 5.2.16
    MySQL version 5.0.95-community
    Architecture x86_64
    Perl version 5.8.8
    Kernel version 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5

Is anyone else having problems after the recent WHM .32.2 upgrade. I cannot install wordpress or any other php script after uploading onto my server it seems and I'm seeing these errors in my /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log... logs

Code:
    [2012-04-06 04:34:06 -0700] warn [featureadmin] Failed to load cPanel user file for root at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/LoadCpUserFile.pm line 29
    	Cpanel::Config::LoadCpUserFile::load('root') called at bin/featureadmin line 38
    tail: cannot open `/usr/local/apache/logs/suphp_log' for reading: No such file or directory
    tail: cannot open `/usr/local/apache/logs/suphp_log' for reading: No such file or directory
    [2012-04-06 17:59:23 -0700] info [whostmgr] Skipping unknown PHP ini directive directive
    [2012-04-06 17:59:23 -0700] info [whostmgr] Skipping unknown PHP ini directive foo
    [2012-04-06 17:59:23 -0700] info [whostmgr] Skipping unknown PHP ini directive foo
    [2012-04-06 17:59:23 -0700] info [whostmgr] Skipping unknown PHP ini directive gpc_order
    running
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current
    shows this:

#1 nootkan, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  2. nootkan

If no one can help me with my issue can someone point me to the proper place to roll back to my previous version of WHM?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Don't roll back, might be more problematic than where you're at.

In your WHM top right corner of any page is a menu titled Support. On that menu is a link to Contact cPanel. Use it to put in a ticket.

Looking at your error in the original post, could it be there's a php.ini on that account that's causing issues, and/or, is there a problem with that Package (and its Feature list) this account is using? Not sure.

cPanel's Support Team will know though, I'm sure of it. :)

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Also, please check the email on your forum account here. Emails to you on new replies are bouncing back to us.

Thanks!

5. nootkan

Too late I already found the place to do so and rolled back, however it didn't fix my problem.

Unfortunately I am a web designer not a server IT guy so I am learning as I go along. I've looked at my php.ini but because I don't know what the settings were before I'm not sure what is different now.

I don't get it, I never had any problems before and then I wake up the other morning and notice the upgrade to the new version and suddenly I cannot install new scripts on any domain on my server. I thought the upgrade process was supposed to inherit all my settings.

My dedicated server came installed with Cpanel/Whm so will support still cover me or will I have to go through Server Beach for support?

Thanks for the heads up I've changed my email address to a current one.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, you can put in a ticket to cPanel Support.

Not sure if any of this is helpful:
    If you have a php.ini in your websites root directory, can you try renaming or move it outside public_html?
    You could check the Package for this account as well. Open it for editing, check that its using the correct feature list, an save.

This might be. Go to:
    WHM > cPanel > Upgrade to Latest Version, tick the box that says "Force a reinstall even if the system is up to date" and then Click to Upgrade"

7. nootkan

I don't think it is in my websites root directory as I access it through Main >> Service Configuration >> PHP Configuration Editor so it must be in the server root directory correct?

It's the same in every account on my server. I'll check the feature list for all accounts although I'm not sure why that would change.

That is what I've done to roll it back to 11.30.6 but that didn't resolve anything. Should I reinstall 11.32.2 before I submit a support ticket?

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated and helps me learn a little more.

8. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Correct.
    You can try.
    So far I'm no help at all.

9. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Did you end up opening up a ticket? I believe I dealt with a ticket tonight that appears to be similar to what is being discussed, so I just wondered. In that ticket, when I download the Family Connection CMS (FCMS_2.6.zip) and extract it, then place it onto one of the accounts where installations are failing for the existing install script, I had no issue running the install.php script. I did on the existing copy, which doesn't appear to be the same version as the one I downloaded. It might be that the versions you are using aren't compatiable with PHP 5.2.17 or might have improper permissions/ownership somewhere along the line. Since the new installation script directly downloaded from their site works, it points to either file corruption, ownership/permissions issues, or coding issues in general. New PHP files work.

I did check install.php files and you didn't upload them in the wrong mode for that specific file anyway, although I suppose it's possible that one or more of the PHP files in that account might be uploaded in the wrong mode by the FTP client or whatever was used to upload them.

Thanks!

10. nootkan

I just want to say thanks to all who tried to help me with this. Infopro even though you say you didn't help at all, you made me think in other directions (I learned a couple of new things in the process) and got me to submit a support ticket which opened my eyes to the excellent support group at Cpanel. They went above and beyond trying to help me resolve the issue which I now believe may not have been related to the Whm upgrade but to another auto upgrade (yum) done around the same time. It was a strange one for sure as in the beginning I couldn't even get wordpress to install on any domain I tried. Yet every domain already installed with a cms or php script based design was working and doing so without issue. In any case my server was EOL so I figured it was time to upgrade to a new and better one. Hopefully after I migrate everything over my issues (give or take a couple corrupt files/databases) will be resolved. I have many different backups to draw from. Thanks again to all. :D

11. nootkan

Finally figured this one out. It seems that one of the recent auto upgrades to my old server doesn't like php-gettext. When I migrated everything over to the new server I had the same issue. As soon as I did an easy apache build without gettext the site came back online. So I went in to the old server and did the same build and it worked there also. This was strange as the cms script I've been using for over 5 years now needs gettext to run some of the features in the cms. Everything worked fine with gettext up until a week ago. Now to try and figure out what is causing the problem. Maybe someone here at cPanel knows something?