The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM "account copy" worked then quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PWSowner, Aug 5, 2003.

1. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Any idea what happened?

I was using the WHM multiple account copy feature. First I did a few of the unimportant sites to see if it worked properly and it did. :) Then I used it again to copy several more accounts and it worked again. Next I used it to copy all remaining small accounts and it worked for a while then quit.

It copied the first 12 accounts, then failed for the last 48 accounts giving the message:

Attemping to package account...

The host key for host ###.###.###.### has changed. This function has been disabled to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. Please remove the host key for ###.###.###.### from /root/.ssh/known_hosts* if this key has changed for a legit reason. Attemping to package account... The host key for host ###.###.###.### has changed. This function has been disabled to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. Please remove the host key for ###.###.###.### from /root/.ssh/known_hosts* if this key has changed for a legit reason. Attemping to package account... The host key for host ###.###.###.### has changed. This function has been disabled to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. Please remove the host key for ###.###.###.### from /root/.ssh/known_hosts* if this key has changed for a legit reason. Unable to package account

I tried removing the line in the known_hosts file on both servers, and I tried deleting the files. When I do any of these and try to copy accounts, I get the message "incorrect password" which I know is correct.

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

problem solved

In the VO forum where I also posted for help, it was suggested to log into the old server and su to root, then ssh from the old server into the new server which should put the correct host key into the known_hosts file. It worked. :cool:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: