The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Account Owner Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justin Hedge, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Justin Hedge

Justin Hedge Registered

While I'm waiting to hear back from my VPS host regarding the issue, I figured I'd drop by here to see if anyone has seen or experienced a similar problem. At some point while creating many WHM accounts (using the API), the owner of the account started becoming root instead of the user created in WHM (which was normal/ideal).

I can reproduce this by simply creating an account manually, and then checking to see that the folder created is owned by root (which I'm unauthorized to access). The problem here, of course, is that my VPS does not allow root access, and thus I'm unable to log in or upload anything to the created account.

Has anyone seen an issue where the owner of the account begins being attached to root vs. the typical created user, or perhaps know what could cause this?

2. Justin Hedge

Justin Hedge Registered

FYI, the issue was caused because the default system user/group id limit imposed on the VPS account was reached. Support from the hosting company was able to raise it (as they offer 'unlimited' accounts), and resolved the issue.