The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM accounting script - max accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by axishost, Jul 26, 2005.

1. axishost

axishost Active Member

What is the maximum number of accounts you can have on a server??

I am converting 11000 accounts and it seems to not be going very fast at all..

I used the whm accounting perl scripts, and accounts are taking about 1 to 5 minutes each

Is it feasable to put this many accounts on a server? once they are installed it seems to run ok.

This is for a free hosting app so the users will not have email or mysql, etc - just basic hosting features.

JDT

2. axishost

axishost Active Member

Hmm

Well I sped things up a lot- I had to rewrite mkvhostspasswd file- because of the number of accounts, reading the entire directory into an array each time was really pointless and slow.

JDT

3. netwrkr

netwrkr Well-Known Member

mkvhostpasswd is a HUGE resource hog when transferring accounts. Can someone from cpanel look into this and see about optimizing the code?

4. randomuser

randomuser Well-Known Member

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/reselleradmin is no joke either. 99.9% CPU and it takes a bit to run. Logging into the user's cPanel with their own username and password is much faster since it does not rely on reselleradmin. Hope this helps someone.