WHM accounting script - max accounts?

axishost

Sep 10, 2002
What is the maximum number of accounts you can have on a server??

I am converting 11000 accounts and it seems to not be going very fast at all..

I used the whm accounting perl scripts, and accounts are taking about 1 to 5 minutes each

Is it feasable to put this many accounts on a server? once they are installed it seems to run ok.

This is for a free hosting app so the users will not have email or mysql, etc - just basic hosting features.

JDT

axishost

Sep 10, 2002
Hmm

Well I sped things up a lot- I had to rewrite mkvhostspasswd file- because of the number of accounts, reading the entire directory into an array each time was really pointless and slow.

JDT

netwrkr

Apr 12, 2003
axishost said:
Well I sped things up a lot- I had to rewrite mkvhostspasswd file- because of the number of accounts, reading the entire directory into an array each time was really pointless and slow.

JDT
mkvhostpasswd is a HUGE resource hog when transferring accounts. Can someone from cpanel look into this and see about optimizing the code?

randomuser

Jun 25, 2005
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/reselleradmin is no joke either. 99.9% CPU and it takes a bit to run. Logging into the user's cPanel with their own username and password is much faster since it does not rely on reselleradmin. Hope this helps someone.