The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Add feature to Individual Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linkhostmedia, Feb 3, 2010.

1. linkhostmedia

linkhostmedia Member

Hello,

If you are not the root WHM user (I'm a reseller) is there a way to add a new feature to someone's cPanel account (a parked domain for example) without creating a custom package for that user?

Scenario:
    -i have a user with zero allowed parked domains
    -they need one so I set up the parked domain
    -now, it shows red in their cPanel (1 of 0 parked domains used)

Is the only option to create a new custom package for this user? Apparently at the root admin level you can do it. Why can I not do this as a reseller?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I recommend to create a proper package that defines the aforementioned limits, (e.g., number of parked domains), including which feature list to use. Regarding parked domains, resellers may perform setup via WHM using the following menu path:
    WHM: Main >> DNS Functions >> Park a Domain

If a reseller is granted high enough privileges they may also access the following menu path to modify an account, allowing for the customization of limits normally defined in a package:
    WHM: Main >> Account Functions >> Modify an Account

Allowing resellers to access the account modification page is possible if the following privilege is granted:
    WHM: Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Edit reseller privileges & nameservers >> Super Privileges >> Account Management
    Account Modification (Warning: This will allow circumvention of account creation limits, give shell access unless explicitly disallowed, dedicated IPs, etc.)

3. linkhostmedia

linkhostmedia Member

Thanks cPanelDon. Wouldn't it be counter-productive to keep creating lots of custom little accounts as you recommend if I'm prone to add features here and there for clients? Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach.

I appreciate the reply.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Packages and feature lists may be re-used for more than one account. It is normal to use packages when defining what the feature limits are for accounts, including the feature lists used by each package.