The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM adding acct issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rad, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Rad

Rad Member

Greetings,

When I use /scripts/wwwacct or /scripts/killacct via the shell, it takes approximately 40 seconds to add or kill an account on one of my very busy servers, even when the servers are hammered during a busy time. This is not a problem. The problem I do have, is that if WHM is used to add or remove an account, it seems to take upwards of 2 minutes to add an account or kill an account, as WHM seems to hang there (whostmgr / whostmgr2)... and drive server loads way up... even if the server load is less then < 1 when I start the acct add or remove process via WHM.

The whostmgr process(es) will not terminate (I watch this from the shell, as the web browser just sits there waiting for the process(es) to finish) and they are sucking quite a bit of cpu power during this period of time... and will force the server loads to severely spike... -- 100% cpu for each process running on a quad xeon -- while all the scripts from wwwacct do there thing...

Does anyone else have this problem on a busy machine...? And is there anything or anyway to modify this from happening? In fact the only times the loads ever even spike on this machine is when an acct is added or deleted for the most part via WHM.

This is a redhat enterprise 3, with WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-R64 dual ht 2.8ghz server.

Rad

2. Rad

Rad Member

c'mon for surely there must be a fix for this... cuz this is totally rediculous...

whostmgr is stuck in an endless loop... only when an account is created or deleted via WHM...

Nick???? can you please fix this...

I have already tried ssl and non-ssl ports, and even did /scripts/upcp --force to no avail...

Server load was under < 1 added an account... just 1 account via WHM server load > 15. this is unacceptable. :mad:

Rad

3. Rad

Rad Member

Hello,

Well Nick, I must certainly without any doubt commend you for the latest optimatizations you have added to cpanel/whm [me thinks my extremely active/busy machine is the guinnea pig here... for the latest edge builds... lmao]. BTW -- sorry for booting ya off my machine yesterday :rolleyes:

This machine which was lagging hard due to WHM, now adds/deletes/modifies accounts (amongst other things) extremely fast!! -- I must honestly say its well over 1,000% percent performance increase, if not more, even when multiple accounts are being added/modified/deleted at the same time. And I must say this is a very busy loaded server, indeed with lots of resellers.

I have only found 2 issues so far though Nick. The suspended accounts list does not work, and apache still, like once per day, decides to eat its own config file... :( -- I dont know if you happened to catch that when it happened today.

However, I must honestly say... the performance increases I have seen in the past 2 days, are extremely awesome... and for you do be doing such a thing like this on a holiday weekend, no doubt gets an A++++ in my book. Keep up the good work Nick :) -- I hope this didn't ruin any 4th of July plans ya had :eek:

Rad