Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM always pushing /webmail /cpanel etc to hostname?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by OoteR, Jun 15, 2007.

1. OoteR

OoteR Member

I've got a rapidSSL cert on my domain (domain.com) but regardless of the settings in whm's tweak settings (Cpanel11) IE7 etc is receiving a certificate from host.domain.com when I try to access domain.com/Cpanel etc. I am pushing the user to use the SSL/TLS.

When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail WITHOUT SSL, you can choose to redirect to:
    set to: Origin Domain Name

When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail with SSL, you can choose to redirect to:
    set to: Origin Domain Name

What do I need to change to fix this? I don't want to have to buy another cert.. :/

#1 OoteR, Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

hi,
    certificate are bound on the URL you purchase for,

so if you are having a cert installed on hostname the cpanel has this option to re-direct users to hostname for SSL login else the certificate would not work on other URL on your server (domain1.com, domain2.com etc)

mohit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vinc_dc43

vinc_dc43 Well-Known Member

this was never the case before? was this changed just to avoid the nasty error message you get in the browser?

4. OoteR

OoteR Member

Yeah, I understand that the certificate is bound to the domain name (domain.com). My problem is that when someone tries to access domain.com/cpanel they are getting sent to SERVERNAME.domain.com and the cert doesn't work.

I want to stop it from forwarding to the host.domain.com and just use domain.com. Is that possible?