The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM - Am I restricted?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fudge, May 6, 2002.

1. fudge

fudge Registered

May 4, 2002
    newbie asking for some help... :)

My hosting provider has provided me with access to cpanel and WHM, I feel that I am quite limited from the WHM menu options. I believe I have been restricted quite a bit.. Below I have done a outline of menu options what I see.. even when I click on &list subdomains& I dont get anything..!!! even though i have created subsomains from cpanel.. Can anyone tell me what am I confused about.. am I doing something wrong? And what can I NOT do from the menu that I have.. (shown below)

Oh.. I cant even add account from WHM.. but I can from cpanel.... Isnt it meant to be the other way around.. WHM an dnot cpanel to create accounts???

2) How do I move my data over from a messaging app that I had running from my previous provider over to the new (different named) mysql DB, is there an easy way.. i.e export import etc..?
    Would it creat fields automatically when imported into new db?

Have a feeling that a table has been locked from app provider developer so he doesnt disclose some information .. can this be verified if there is data there or not? Can this be moved over to new db also if so required?

Hope someone can shine some light and get me unconfused..

any help greatly appreciated.

Server Setup
    Setup Remote Access Key
    Server Status
    Service Status
    Server Information
    Account Functions
    List Accounts
    Terminate an Account
    Upgrade / Downgrade an Account
    ReArrange Accounts
    View Bandwidth Usage
    Suspend or Unsuspend an Account
    List Suspended Accounts
    Modify Suspended Account Page
    Quota Modification
    Password Modification
    Disable or Enable Subdomains Per Account
    List SubDomains
    Change WHM Theme
    Dns Functions
    Park or Point a Domain
    List Parked Domains
    Add a DNS Zone
    Edit an MX Entry
    Delete a DNS Zone
    Install FrontPage Web Extentions
    Uninstall FrontPage Web Extentions
    Install FrontPage Mail Extentions
    Mail Troubleshooter
    Cpanel 4
    Reset a Shopping Cart
    Synchronize FTP Passwords
  2. iggy

iggy Member

Feb 20, 2002

1) There is no option for the host to stop you listing subdomains so if you don't see it in your WHM then you should probably send in a support ticket to your host telling them it doesn't work on your account.

You can only create new FTP accounts in CPanel. You have to use WHM to create new domain accounts.

2) You have more or less everything you need as a reseller apart from &Add an account&. Does your package with your host allow you to create accounts?