The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM and cPanel custom scripts - PWS Scripts Club

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PWSowner, Jun 15, 2004.

1. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Many of you have heard about my custom scripts for use with WHM and cPanel and I know a few people are waiting for some specific scripts to become available. This is an update for those interested.

I started my new custom scripts section at the end of February and in mid-March I had 6 of my 10 planned scripts up with plans to have the other 4 up shortly. Some things didn't go quite as planned, (sale of house and deciding on new location), and caused quite a delay in getting the rest of the scripts done. That's overwith now. House is sold and I have a new address to move to for June 30th so my life plans are back to normal now.

My plans for the custom scripts are as follows:

The empty log files script will be up by the end of this week.

The other 3 listed,
    - postwwwacct - modify cpanel3-skel files for new accounts as they are created
    - watchwwwacct - monitor wwwacct script customizations
    - watchdirs - monitor websites and notify you of changes
    will probably be up before I move on the 30th, or will be finished shortly after I move. I then have a few more scripts to add which will be done as I have the time during the month of July.

If there is anything you are looking for to make WHM or cPanel tasks easier, check out my custom scripts section and read about my scripts club. If you have not yet joined my scripts club, you don't know what you are missing. ;)

Feel free to make requests for new WHM or cPanel scripts, but I do need to prioritize getting the ones on hold done. If you need custom scripts, check the pricing here.

2. coastinc

coastinc Well-Known Member

Nice work squirrel! :)

3. PWSowner

Thanks.

For those interested, the WHM script to empty log files is ready. It is currently capable of emptying apache log files.
    - access
    - error
    - suexec
    - ssl_engine

It will soon be able to also empty cpanel log files.

The script compresses the current log file you choose, then deletes it and restarts the appropriate service to recreate a new log file.

If you don't have a lot of free disk space, this script will be helpful. Full instructions are included in the script, but if you have trouble with installing it, I can install it for you. That would require either being a member of my scripts club or $10 which would include adding you to my scripts club. It would require access to your server for me to install it for you.

4. rajanichand

rajanichand Active Member

WHM scripts

Hi Squirrel,

I am searching for some basic WHM scripts to create/modify/remove accounts and to send a welcome message on creating an account. I think you are the right one who can help me. Could you advise me, please.

5. PWSowner

There already is a script on my scripts page for the welcome email. As far as "basic WHM scripts to create/modify/remove accounts", WHM already does those tasks, unless you're a reseller and don't have the modify and remove options.

6. rajanichand

rajanichand Active Member

Thanks..!! I will check it out.
    :cool: