The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM and workstation problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abdul_king, Jan 1, 2015.

1. abdul_king

abdul_king Registered

Jan 1, 2015
    Lahore, Pakistan, Pakistan
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi Sir/Madam
    i have so much problem i have 5 servers working on WHM but now i got new data center and i am trying it on my pc i installed vmware workstation and i installed centos and i got 15 days trial whm to test and the problem is the whm don't work on static ip to just test i did install other panel and it worked fine but whm didn't open on my static ip in my pc my window is 7 i connected my pc with ethernet. now i really need your guys help me and if you think i haven't opened the ports i have opened it from vmware and from gateway it ant opening because of my local ip so now what should i do my other 5 servers are working fine but i just wanted to test this and the whm is opening in local ip for worldwide the whm ant opening on static even my cpanel ant too and if you think its vmware problem i did open port 22 to check for putty and it worked fine so please answer me i am really worried about this
    and persnal view i dont like other panel i just tested one of them i love cpanel and my WHM
    but please admins help me in this my centos is 6.6.6 i did talk to guy he is old expert
    he said its problem with internet but still i want to ask you please help me out
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Try running the following command from your server:

lynx -dump
    Does it output the public IP address that you have licensed with cPanel? If not, you will need to modify your network configuration to ensure outgoing connections come from your public IP address.

Thank you.