Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM API 1 Backup Destination for start_background_pkgacct

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Jason Kohut, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jason Kohut

Jason Kohut Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Writing a web script that pushes backups to an ftp server of my choice using php and the json api of WHM 1. I have found start_background_pkgacct which pushes these backups to a folder as well as backup_destination_add which defines the ftp location. There doesn't seem to a way, in documentation at least, to tie the backup destination to start_background_pkgacct. I cannot use a cron job as this is a dynamic script that sets its own ftp address. I also cannot leave the cpmove file in the account. Looking for ideas here. The only reference I have found is based on CPanel API 1 which is deprecated and seems a bit incompatible with the jsonAPI of WHM 1.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no support for automatically sending a backup archive to a remote destination when it's generated with "/scripts/pkgacct" or with the the start_background_pkgacct WHM API 1 function. I recommend opening a feature request if this is something you'd like to see added to the product in the future:

Submit A Feature Request

In the meantime, you'd need to develop a custom bash script to manually send the backup archive to the remote destination and remove it from the local cPanel server.

Thank you.