Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM API 1 Backup Destination for start_background_pkgacct

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Jason Kohut, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jason Kohut

Jason Kohut Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Writing a web script that pushes backups to an ftp server of my choice using php and the json api of WHM 1. I have found start_background_pkgacct which pushes these backups to a folder as well as backup_destination_add which defines the ftp location. There doesn't seem to a way, in documentation at least, to tie the backup destination to start_background_pkgacct. I cannot use a cron job as this is a dynamic script that sets its own ftp address. I also cannot leave the cpmove file in the account. Looking for ideas here. The only reference I have found is based on CPanel API 1 which is deprecated and seems a bit incompatible with the jsonAPI of WHM 1.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no support for automatically sending a backup archive to a remote destination when it's generated with "/scripts/pkgacct" or with the the start_background_pkgacct WHM API 1 function. I recommend opening a feature request if this is something you'd like to see added to the product in the future:

Submit A Feature Request

In the meantime, you'd need to develop a custom bash script to manually send the backup archive to the remote destination and remove it from the local cPanel server.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...