The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM backup doubts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lem0nHead, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Lem0nHead

Lem0nHead Well-Known Member

hello
    i have some doubts about WHM backup:

1) Sql Databases (at least per accounts is needed to use the restore feature)
    if "Per Accounts Only" is enough to restore, what's the advantages of backuping the whole MySQL dir? and the advantages of backuping the whole MySQL dir AND the per accounts?

2) Backup Type
    I want to backup to an FTP... what does "Accounts Only" means?

3) What's the minimum setting I should use to backup my accounts to a FTP server AND to be able to recover EVERY sites running (with mysql, postgres, etc) if my HD burns and I get a new one in its place?

about 3... anyone had this experience before? something wasn't backuped?

Thanks

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

personally I just backup to a /backup not even a second hard drive yet... cant afford one on the server at this point.. its not even paying for itself yet. im a very cheap webhost.

soo as soon as it makes its money I will throw in a second hd and map it to /backup

and btw, cpanel doesnt backup db's .... well it does.. or atleast tries to but fails horribly. sooooooooo dont expect on getting any db's back with cpanel backups!

ive been told this is a cpanel problem.