The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Backup Restore is missing list of users

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by techclan, Aug 15, 2010.

1. techclan

techclan Member

Hi, My backup is working with no problem and is getting placed in /backup/cpbackup (weekly & monthly) but when I go to my WHM and click on restore backups and choose either weekly or monthly I get a prompt saying "Please select a user to restore:" but the list of users are not getting populated below.

I'm logging in as root
    Using cPanel 11.25.0-R46156 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
    My backup folder was set to permission "711". I changed it to "644" but still the same.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

#1 techclan, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Mike-Atkins

Mike-Atkins Member
    PartnerNOC

you need to move your backup files to /home directory, only than you can see the list of users from

Main >> Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file

3. techclan

techclan Member

What exactly should I be moving ? There are whole bunch of files under each backup. My backup is saved to /backup. Should I be change this patch ? Please see attached.

Attached Files:

4. techclan

techclan Member

Solved

Problem solved. I had to make sure "Backup Accounts" is checked in the WHM Configure Backup section.

5. Breezehost

Breezehost Member

Nice to hear your problem solved. If you want to restore particular account, you need to move backup file that is located in weekly or daily folder to /home directory and then need to click on restore account by selecting that user through whm.

6. techclan

techclan Member

Actually in this case no need to move them, it will give you a list of accounts and you choose which one you want to restore.

7. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Via WebHost Manager (WHM), if using "Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file" then it may only be necessary to relocate a cPanel backup archive if it is not already in a recognized path; for reference, here is the full menu path and documentation: WHM: Main >> Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file

Via WebHost Manager, if using either "Restore Backups" or "Restore Multiple Backups" please note it is not usually necessary to move account backups when restoring from the configured cPanel backup destination, (e.g., from "/backup/cpbackup/daily/" to "/home/"). Restoring from the cPanel backup destination may be performed using WHM via the following menu paths (with linked documentation):

To restore from the automated daily, weekly, and monthly cPanel backups, I believe you may only need to ensure the cPanel backup configuration is set to either Enabled or, at minimum, Restore Only. To verify the cPanel backup configuration please refer to the following navigational menu path in WebHost Manager and applicable documentation:

Full cPanel account backups can be restored via command-line, root SSH or console access, using the following script:
    Code:
    # /scripts/restorepkg

8. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

I know this thread is OLD but was the backup your talking about to a remote server or to the same drive your running the backup from? Seems useless to backup a VPS to the same VPS since if it crashed you would loose the backups also.

Thanks