WHM backup with remote mySQL server

tavenger5

Oct 23, 2003
When using the backup feature in WHM, and you have a remote mySQL server, does the backup also backup and mySQL databases associated with the accounts?

tavenger5

Oct 23, 2003
Anyone? All the other threads associated with this question don't provide a clear answer.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
When using the backup feature in WHM, and you have a remote mySQL server, does the backup also backup and mySQL databases associated with the accounts?
Did you ever find out the answer to this?
I believe that the Per Account SQL database backups should continue to function regardless if the database server is remote or local. To the best of my knowledge a MySQL database would be saved from a remote MySQL server the same way it would be saved from a local MySQL server, where a local MySQL client connects to the MySQL server to then save a backup in the form of a MySQL database dump.

Are you seeing behavior different than what I've described above or are you experiencing any difficulty with SQL database backups being generated?

Last edited:

astopy

Apr 3, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks. Not having any problems, I'm planning to start using a remote MySQL server in the near future, and I'm just making sure that everything will still function properly afterwards.