whm basic config default name server

david770

Jan 23, 2021
israel
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm trying to understand. When I want to redirect all my sites to ns-server let's say ns1.maindomain.com & ns2.maindomain.com. I understand that this must first be configured in whm in> Basic WebHost Manager® Setup

What is hard for me to understand is what is set in the dns of the domain maindomain.com for it to work.

That is, suppose maindomain.com sits in the domain company domain.com (which is true). And there his dns zone is managed. What needs to be renamed to access the server (suppose the server's IP address is 1.1.1.1)

Thanks

ZenHostingTravis

PartnerNOC
May 22, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @david770,

You need to create the child name servers records at the domain registrar, as well as in WHM.

Both ns1 and ns2 should point to your server.

Please tell us your domain registrar if you'd like us to try and find specific instructions.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The entries in WHM >> Basic WebHost Manager Setup are just what nameserver entries get added to each zone that is created on that machine. It doesn't actually control your DNS in any way. As @ZenHostingTravis said, you still need to create the nameservers at the registrar level. If you aren't able to find how to do that, your registrar likely has a guide, or we have several different ones listed in this search: