The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM being painfully slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awood969, Aug 31, 2007.

1. awood969

awood969 Registered

Hi all! Sorry that my first post on these forums has to be a negative one but such things have to be done.

So i've just set-up a new server with my good old friends at The Planet with cPanel on it, and to say the cPanel pages are loading slowly is an understatement. I have now upgraded the connection to 100MB and also tried doing a graceful restart and it's still being a mega mega pain, some pages just won't even load it's so slow and my server load is 0.00, 0.02 at most.

Please help!

Thank You
    Andrew

2. Cwebz

Cwebz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you on a reseller or a regular hosting account or dedicated server ??

3. awood969

awood969 Registered

dedicated server :)

4. pacificw

pacificw Well-Known Member

odd, i'm having the same issue and i'm not at "theplanet" but a different provider. I thought it was just my system at home, but everything else runs fine and fast as I have a 10mbit at the house. then I thought it to be my provider but theres never been an issue with them and everything else in the box runs quickly just when working in WHM does it take forever for the pages to load and sometimes not even complete.

I'm running Fedora Core 6 with Cpanel 11.11/WHM 11.1

5. felosi

felosi Active Member

I agree, cpanel 11 is pretty dang slow especially if you have a good number of accounts on the server. With a new server with a few accounts its not as bad but still not as fast as cpanel10.

Its nothing worth downgrading for but I hope they are aware of this and fix it up some in the future

6. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I think you guys have setup issues. I have many boxes packed to the gills with users, 2.6gig dual quads and whm / cpanel load instantly during peak usage as well.

If you experience very slow loading in cpanel, look hard in your setup. Something is most likely not quite right in your configuration.

7. felosi

felosi Active Member

lol you gotta be kidding you said you have 2.6gig dual quad and its fast yet we have configuration problems because we say its slow on smaller servers? Dont you see the irony there.
    I just have a few core2 2.13 and 2.4 boxes, when there isnt many users on the box its fairly fast, with a bunch of users it slows down.

Now, what in the heck kind of configuration have we misconfigured to make cpanel load slow? I dont think there is such a config to control page load times, etc. This being said I only notice it being slow on WHM.

Of course if you had 2 2.6 quads its gonna load fast but Ive noticed slow page loads on the core2s and a p4 3.0 server I have is painfully slow with only around 30 clients on it.

So since we are idiots who "misconfigured" our servers somehow tell us about these "configurations" you speak of.

Not meaning to be a smart ass, its all in good fun but think about what you said, If there really is some hidden configuration Im not aware of then by all means share it,

8. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Don't be so hard on yourself or presumptuous. I do not recall saying anyone was an idiot. I experienced the same issues of extremely slow cpanel at times usually on a new setup due to configuration settings such as nameservers, dns and other things. I merely suggested looking hard at your total setup.

The irony is, I have many vps nodes where clients load extremely fast as well. These are of course running off a swap which you would think would be extremely slow. Perhaps I am just lucky.

good luck to you

TypeO by the way: I was referring to dual core 2.6gig servers, not dual quad. My comparison was meant to be in the same class as your servers. I have several dual quad's that were on my brain at the time.

#8 jayh38, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2007