The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM certificate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesCTotalWeb, Feb 3, 2008.

1. JamesCTotalWeb

JamesCTotalWeb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok here is the problem ........ we had a secure cert for WHM/cPanel it was set to expire 2/3/08 so I renewed it ..... well WHM would not use the renewed cert (keeps useing the wrong IP and user name)

So I ordered a new cert 1/11/2008 this worked very well till today. it reverted back to the old cert again so I tryed to install the newer cert which I got a key error so I genarated a new CSR and key and ordered a new cert again.

Now I can install the new cert but it keeps using the shared IP not the server IP

So if you go to https://srv03.domain.net it works but if you go to https://srv03.domain.net:2087/ it uses the old cert and no matter what I have tried (removed all certs with this domain in it) it still will not except the new cert.

Heres the specs for the server.

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.0-R19434
    REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

Any ideas?

Ok never mind I found what happened .. I forgot about the Main >> Service Configuration >> Manage Service SSL Certificates

I remembered that when I replaced the cert the last time I needed to do this ......... still don't know why it reverted back to the old expired cert?

anyways good thing certs are cheap ........ ;)

#1 JamesCTotalWeb, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. nabuhonodozor

nabuhonodozor Member

RedHat 4 isnt far too old? Maybe theres a problem.
    best,
    piotr