The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM clustering?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by cyber, Apr 25, 2003.

1. cyber

cyber Registered

Has anyone been able to come up with any info on WHM clustering yet?

I'm using version 6.2 of WHM and I just setup two new dedicated servers so I though I would tinker with the new clustering feature. I looks as though i have the primary server seeing the secondary server as part of a cluster (using a remote access key) and I have configured the secondary server as having a master cluster server in the setup area.

Now the big question is, what exactly is WHM doing? I can't really tell that it is doing anything yet. Does anyone know if WHM is actually supposed to create the cluster or if it is just going to be aware of a cluster that you have to setup outside of WHM.

Cheers,

David

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    It's not all there yet.

For example cpanel does not start the cluster manager daemon, there are no incomingkey files etc....

It is though for being able to manage multiple servers from one interface. From what I have now figured out, you would select the target server to operate then it would remotely access it and launch the whostmgr of that server.

Hope that helps.