Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM/cPanel account seperate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n000b, Mar 15, 2006.

1. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

Hi,

Currently when creating reseller accounts, I create a cPanel account and give it reseller access. This gives the user access to cPanel and WHM using the same username/password. Is it possible to create the reseller a WHM account without creating a cPanel account for them? They do not want a "main" hosting account linked to their username and password.

Thanks.

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

hi,
    procedure used by you is what is done normally by most people.

you would need to create a seperate a/c.(dummy domain or a sub-domain) and give it reseller rights, personally i would not give a subdomain based on my firm name.

then host the primary domain which would be your customer's main cpanel but it would be administered by the dummy domain chosen by you.

A better way out for this would be provide a different username for the main domain of your reseller.

see ya,
    mohit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

I thought of just setting up a dummy domain but I was trying to avoid that - is it possible to create a WHM account without a cPanel one?