The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm/cpanel acting weird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vwiley1, Oct 9, 2003.

1. vwiley1

vwiley1 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Lately whm/cpanel have been acting weird on me.

First,

There was an IP address (not mine) who was said to be the last person to login to one of my cpanel accounts.

Second, In the middle of ftp'ing, WSFTP popped up the username/password box, and kept saying my password was no good.

I went to cpanel and seen that my ftp service was running. I setup a new ftp account, and this account works fine. Just my main ftp account won't work for this paticular cpanel with the same password I have been using for 3 months.

I logged into whm and syned ftp passwords. Still no luck

From whm I changed the password of that cpanel to something new (something I should do every once in awhile anyways). Good news....my main ftp works with the new password..

Bad news is now cpanel for this account can be accessed with either my new or old password. The weird IP I seen in cpanel worries me....so I want the old password disabled.

Also more bad news.... all my databases get reset to the password I choose for cpanel....took me about 2 hours to get all the scripts which access the various databases with the old passwords updated to the new password.

So I guess my 4 questions would be:

1. Could the weird IP be from a auto-update to 8.4 version of cpanel/whm (update was same day as weird IP)? Weird thing is....all my other cpanels did not show this weird IP.

2. Why would my password for my ftp stop working all of a sudden? FTP was up and running smoothly...and all my other accounts worked fine.

3. How can I disable my old ftp/cpanel password that still works to access cpanel?

4. Is there a way to stop WHM from changing all the database passwords in a particular cpanel, when updating the password for that cpanel.

Thanks,

Vince Wiley

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: