The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM/cPanel - Addon domain Problem, after account modify

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ancile, May 28, 2004.

1. Ancile

Ancile Member

Hi,

I have hunted through several posts about add-on domain issues, yet still have not found a fix to what i believe to be an outstanding cPanel bug?

When modifying a cpanel's account limits to allow additional addon domains, the user is still unable to add domains to their account! Even when set to unlimited.

The only Akward, and and useless fix is to create a fresh account for the user.

Do we know if there is a fix for this yet, or if there is gonna be one? I encountered this issue months ago, and im still getting it!

Cheers,

Ancile.

2. Apexity

Apexity Member

Addon Domain probs

I'm having the same issue.

"Sorry, you are not allowed to add any more then (0) addon domains! The below addon domain was not setup!"

I had the account setup to allow unlimited addons, with same result.

I changed the limit to 50 addons, and same result.

Any help?

3. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Change the package!

Accounts using that package will automatically be adjusted.

4. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    anybody have a bugzilla ticket open on this problem ?

5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Can someone with this problem submit a support ticket with details on how to reproduce this bug ? I was not able to do so on our test servers.

6. Angel78

Angel78 Well-Known Member

if you click on the submit bug it redirects you to the submit a support ticket. Is this ok?

7. Jasio

Jasio Active Member

I am also having this problem.

I manually added the domain to the DNS Records. The domain then forwards to the defeault cPanel page "There is no website configured at this address." The tree structure has created the domain.net folder, and the files such as index are in there, but they are being ignored. I have tried changing packages, but it doesnt help.

This is a curious bug. :confused:

8. Ceromus

Ceromus Registered

My experience:

I changed the bandwidth and space on all my plans using the edit package option in WHM, even though I have unlimited for add-on and parked domains it still says 0 when you log in to cpanel and you can not create add-on or parked entries. I kept trying to set it at unlimited but it would not work finally I went back into the edit package option and changed add-on and parked to 9999 and that worked.

9. tvcnet

tvcnet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    There has been an oustanding bug in WHM since day one from what I can see.

The problem is the word "Unlimited" and leaving package entries blank.

**Don't do it**

Instead when setting up your accounts enter "999" or some such.

Do not leave the box empty or enter the word "Unlimited" and you'll be a much happier camper...

Best wishes,
    Jim
    TVCNet.com

10. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I agree with Jim. It is the word "unlimited". I didn't know this was an outstanding problem, so when I saw the problem, I opened a Support Ticket (#61309). The tech worked with me for a week on it, and he duplicated the problem, then said "Please submit this into our bugzilla system via the following URL. http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/ Thank you."

When I asked him why *I* had to submit it as a bug, versus him, he answered "When we verify problems as bugs, we ask that you enter them into our bugzilla system for the developers to look at. Thank you."

Crazy. And such a waste of my time.

- Scott

11. sinasylum

sinasylum Registered

Addon domain problem

Hi Darren,

I have recently been having this issue. I have a dedicated server and in my root/whm I created packages including "unlimited" addon and parked domains, yet in the cpanel for my accounts with this package the details say 0 of 0 addons, etc. And when I tried to create an addon domain I was unable to getting the same error Apexity mentioned(see: http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=118143&postcount=2), try after try. So I went back to my root/whm and reset that part of the package to 999999 addons and parked domains and went back and had success. But the problem obviously still remains and I want to have the use of "unlimited" where it should be working.

My Data Center support guys sent me to this forum to watch for answers. I hope someone can help us all. I really don't like having the "work around" things, and I am sure you or whomever is in charge of this area of your service will do whatever possible to resolve this asap(although this post was in 2004 - hm... :eek:). Anyway I read what other users said about not using the work "unlimited", but it works on my other features. So it seems like this one should.

Oh well, hope you can help me at least. I haven't given up on full service :eek:)

Thank you.

12. jgevans

jgevans Registered

Agreed I'm working with WHM 10.8 and this bug still persists!!!

13. tvcnet

tvcnet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes, continues to be an ongoing annoyance.

I mean, how hard can it be to fix the word "unlimited," since it's set by default by cpanel, and everyone know's it'b been broke for 2+ "years" now?

Best Wishes,
    Jim

yes - years, not months...

14. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Anyone know if an actual Bugzilla is open on this? Looking back at this thread, I was told by cpanel support to open one, but I'm not sure I did (this was 2 friggin years ago!!) but maybe if there is a Bugzilla open, we can all throw a vote towards it, get some attention and get the stupid thing fixed, eh? Whining here in the forums won't help at all (that's been my experience anyway).

- Scott